Although any individual has the right to request and receive information per the
Georgia Open Records Act, you as an employee of Kennesaw State University must hold
these records confidential. All Open Georgia Records Act requests must be made in
writing and should be forwarded immediately to the Office of Legal Affairs or to
the President's Office.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) as amended affords
students the right to have their personal information and educational records held
in confidence with limited exceptions. These policies prohibit the distribution
of individually identifiable confidential data, but permit aggregate or statistical
reporting so long as identities cannot be derived. It is your responsibility to
ensure that any aggregate value less than 5 (five) is not included in reports when
released to the general public. In addition, it is your responsibility to ensure
such records are excluded from the listing reports generated in a self-service capacity
as appropriate to the institution. Please refer to the KSU Confidentiality of Records
for guidance and responsibilities related to Directory Information. Use of student information FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES is not allowable without prior written consent of the student and IRB approval.
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) affords
employees the right to have their participation in certain health plans held in
confidence and protected against unauthorized disclosure of personal health records.
I understand that access to Kennesaw State University computer systems and networks,
including EIM systems, data marts and/or the KSU data warehouse is granted solely
for legitimate and authorized purposes pertaining to my job duties. My failure to
comply with the terms of this agreement will have consequences that may result in
disciplinary action as well as possible criminal prosecution as outlined in the
laws, regulations, and policies previously listed. Therefore, I will:
1. Access, copy, and/or store data solely in performance of my job responsibilities,
limiting perusal of contents and actions taken to the least necessary to accomplish
the task per the KSU Data Use Policy.
2. Not seek personal benefit or permit others to benefit personally, from any data
and/or information that I may have access through my work assignments and job responsibilities
either authorized and/or unauthorized.
3. Not intentionally or knowingly include, or cause to be included a false, inaccurate
or misleading entry in any KSU owned data and/or report.
4. Not intentionally or knowingly alter and/or delete a true and correct entry in
any KSU owned data and/or report.
5. Not permit unauthorized use of any data and/or information KSU computer systems
6. Not release KSU data and/or information other than what is required for the completion
of my job responsibilities.
7. Not exhibit and/or divulge the contents of any KSU owned data and/or information
to any person except as required for the completion of my job responsibilities.
8. Limit access to data and/or information contained in, or obtained from, KSU computer
systems to authorized persons.
9. Report any incidents of non-compliance with the terms of this agreement to my
10. If you download data you are the owner of the data.
By signing this agreement in the spaces provided below, I certify that I have read
and agree to its terms. In addition, I understand the agreement remains in effect
continuously for the duration of my employment by Kennesaw State University. I also
agree that, when my employment with Kennesaw State University ends, I will not keep
in my possession, recreate or deliver to anyone else, any confidential, sensitive,
and/or proprietary information (regardless if it is labeled as such) that I acquired
while employed by Kennesaw State University.